Thursday, April 24, 2008

Quick Update

We've been enjoying a visit from our good friends, Bill, Lisa and Elli Anderson. Sydney is especially happy to have a friend stay with us. While there has been some tug of war of toys (and the attendant tears and cries of "mine"), the girls have been playing relatively well with each other considering that neither one has a sibling and has never had to share everything every day. Elli is almost 3 years old, and one of the most articulate and energetic kids I know. She typically doesn't take an afternoon nap and doesn't go to sleep until about 9pm, and I often wonder how her Mom manages it without having a drink at the end of the day.
We finally hired an assistant for the Legal Dept here. I've been busy getting the department organized and printing out 11 months worth of documents and emails to be filed. It would have been easier for me to organize my documents as I went along, but somehow I was always able to find something else to do.

I've been busy getting organized for the move back to Dallas. I had forgotten how much planning and paperwork this entailed. I have 2 relocation companies coming by on Monday to do pre-move surveys so that they can submit bids to my company for the move. I have finally figured out what I am going to leave here, what I am shipping and what I am bringing back in my luggage. The next step is to itemize everything that I am shipping to Dallas for custom and insurance purposes. The target date for shipping our things is May 12th.

Next Thursday is May Day, which is China's version of Labor Day. Sydney's school and my office are closed for a couple of days so Sydney and I are going to Bangkok for a couple of days. Our last vacation in Asia!

No comments: