Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Sydney has been getting up between 4:30am - 5am this past week. I'm not sure why -- maybe she's off her schedule from our trip to Bangkok last week, she's teething or getting even with me for something. But today, she stayed in bed until 6am --- a much appreciated Mother's Day gift. We have also been having very trying mornings lately. But today, she woke up in a very good mood.

After a quick trip to the grocery store, we spent the morning playing outside. It has been raining pretty heavily the last couple of days but today was a beautiful, sunny day in the low 70s.

Sydney has been such a sweet, sweet girl this past week. She's been telling me "Mamma makes Sydney happy" and kissing me. The first time it happened, I almost cried. And almost bought her a puppy. That's the great thing about being a parent --- one minute I'm praying that I have the restraint to not spank her and the next minute I'm trying to figure out how I can manage a toddler and a puppy.

One minute I'm frustrated and the next minute I'm laughing out loud. She knows the words "happy," "sad," and "upset, " and she expresses how she feels with those three words. But when she tells me that she's upset, it's already pretty obvious to me ... and all of our neighbors. Like when she tells me "I crying" while she's crying.

I hope that all you mothers out there are getting a nice break and enjoying yourselves today.

2 comments:

Tyra said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jackie! Love you! -- Tyra

drewinDC said...

Happy Mother's Day!